Popular LMS (Learning Management Systems)
These learning management services help schools, businesses, and organizations develop, assign, and track online classes and students.
- Canvas Guides | helpful documentation site for questions and manuals for Canvas features
- Getting Started with Canvas | orientation course for students and parents to navigate and explore the basic functionality within Canvas
- Canvas Help Ticket | are you using Canvas and need help? Use the Help button at the top of Canvas when you get stuck and use the “report a problem” option to submit a ticket. This is the best way to document a problem.
- Canvas Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Clone Content Across Courses | do you want to use the same course content from year to year, or have you built a shell and want to import all of the content into your Skyward-created course that has students? Use this guide to learn more.
- About Schoology | Overview of the Schoology learning management system
- Schoology Resources | a deeper dive into Schoology and learning management system resources and information
- D2L Resources | resources provided by D2L Brightspace
Google Classroom - Teacher Tech
Google Classroom lists of blog posts by Alice Keeler: Co-Author of “50 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom.” Google Classroom Tutorials.
Google Classroom Resources - Shake Up Learning
Get the Google Classroom Book for Teachers! Ready to shake things up with Google Classroom? Check out the posts below to learn more about using Google Classroom with your students, and don’t forget about my eBook: The Teacher’s Guide To Google Classroom!
The Google Classroom Quick-Start Guide + Tips & Tricks
Google Classroom makes organizing and managing all of your Google Apps activities streamlined and easy. Set it up in minutes.
- Introducing Google Classroom | information and resources for getting started
- Google Classroom Guide: Help and Support for Educators
- 20 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom PLUS 15 More Things PLUS 10 Additional Things
Open Education Resources (OERs)
- Open Education Overview | Department of Education Office of Technology
- IDOE Digital Content Curation
- #GoOpen District Launch Packet
- Resource Roundup | Edutopia
- Teacher’s Guide to the Library of Congress | Edudemic: Connecting Education & Technology
- Udemy | free online courses on web development, yoga, guitar lessons, or anything else
- 53+ Free Image Sources For Your Blog and Social Media Posts
- Amazon Inspire Beta | Amazon’s open education resource platform
- Creative Commons Search | use this tool to make sure your content is open and accessible
- Guide to Choosing Digital Content and Curriculum | use this guide to better understand digital content, what to look for, and how to measure and plan for success in the digital age